Discover Filzmoos in summer
A paradise for relaxing and hiking for the whole family
Get to know the local mountain and landmark in Filzmoos – the impressive and majestic Bischofsmütze. The hiking paradise of
Filzmoos offers visitors a large selection of hiking tours in varying levels of difficulty. Well-signposted hiking and mountain biking trails and the many combination possibilities using the cable car and the free wanderbus make Filzmoos an ideal holiday destination. The wanderbus runs from May until October.
Hiking, mountaineering and climbing
Hiking when the alpine roses bloom, over the glacier or at sunrise - exploring the Filzmoos mountain landscape is just great. It's fun and awakens all senses. Hiking routes in Filzmoos range from gentle to demanding – thus there's something to suit all nature-lovers. Children and teens are particularly keen on climbing. The possibilities to practice this sport are numerous - climbing on rock, in the climbing park or along a climbing trail. The various types are not just for experts, but for beginners too.
The hiking paths around Filzmoos are well signposted and categorised:
- "blue" stands for pleasure hiking
- paths marked red are for sporty hikers
- paths marked black are only suitable for experienced hikers accompanied by a mountain guide
Filzmoos ... a mountain landscape to inspire active sports enthusiasts
Mountain biking, e-biking and cycling
Mountain bikers can choose from blue, red or black signposted routes around the Dachstein. The varied trails leads partly through the neighbouring provinces of Upper Austria and Styria. A small number of free mountain bikes are available for our guests. E-bikes can be rented from all sports shops in Filzmoos. You receive a 30% reduction with your Filzmoos Summer Card.
Swimming, tennis, golf
- Free admission to the Filzmoos Leisure Centre with indoor and outdoor pools and sauna
- Adventure Bathing Lake in Eben with long water slide, playground etc.
- Therme Amadé in Altenmarkt im Pongau with wave pool, sports and toddlers' pool plus sauna and looping water slide
On your high horse... riding & pony riding in Filzmoos
The greatest happiness on earth is sitting in a horse's saddle - or so they say. Therefore, our guests have the opportunity to use the riding arena on the neighbouring "Hammerhof" farm or to undertake a guided horse trek in the Filzmoos area. Such a trek normally lasts three to six hours and is available from July. Of course our carriage drivers entice guests on cosy horse-drawn carriage rides to the popular and idyllic Hofalm area at the foot of the Bischofsmütze.
Leisure activities in the area
- Bärtl's Kids' Club with animation programme from Monday to Friday
- the Rittisberg Adventure Mountain – just ten minutes drive away
- there's lots to see and do at Wagraini's Grafenberg
- the Ghost Mountain in St. Johann-Alpendorf offers fun and adventure for all ages
- Free 3D-archery at the Hotel Neubergerhof
- Fly fishing in the Warme Mandling stream
- Segway tours, rafting...